Free Shipping Anywhere in Continental US
GREENHOUSE SHADE CLOTH
Our greenhouse shade cloth is UV stabilized, rot and mildew resistant and has an 8 year warranty with 16 year life expectancy. Shade cloth is an important component to your greenhouse to keep your plants safe during the intense summer heat.
Need help determining which % shade cloth to get?
View our guide to choosing shade cloth here.
- Black polyethylene, monofilament knitted fabric
- 8 Year Warranty & 16 Year Life Expectancy
- 70% Shade
- 30% Light Transmittance
- U.V. Treated
- Mold & Mildew Resistant
BENEFITS OF USING SHADE CLOTH
Shade cloth can be used to create micro-climates through reducing heat in greenhouses or in the field. For greenhouses, shade cloth can reduce temperatures by more than 10 degrees during the summer heat.
Through reducing temperatures, shade cloth can be used to grow greens, lettuce and other sensitive crops when it normally would be too warm
There is such a thing as too much direct sunlight for some plants, and the use of shade cloth can help reduce damages.
REDUCED WATER CONSUMPTION/ENERGY USE
When temperatures are reduced, less water is required to irrigate plants. Additionally, through using shade cloth to help cool the greenhouse, less energy is spend cooling the greenhouse in other ways.
Greenhouses that get too hot can stress out plants and allow them to be more susceptible to insect pressure. Through using shade cloth, plants are more likely to be in better shape to resist damages from certain insects, reducing the need for pesticide use.
INCREASED PRODUCT QUALITY & BETTER YIELDS
The healthier the plants, the better the yields! Shade cloth is an added tool for the market farmer to help control temperatures, resulting in better quality products and better yields. Some plants experience increases in blossom and fruit set when temperatures are moderated.
PLANTS THAT BENEFIT FROM SHADE CLOTH
70% shade cloth can be used as an added control for light sensitive plants such as evergreens, ferns, palms and philodendron, but it can also be used effectively as a livestock shade during intense summer heat. In southern states, 70% shade cloth can be used as a greenhouse shade during the hottest summer months.
SHIPPING VIA MOTOR FREIGHT (SEMI)
Rolls over 120 lbs must ship via motor freight. We will notify you if your order requires this shipping method.
A few things to be aware of on orders shipping motor freight (semi):
- Someone must be available at the shipping location to receive the order and must be able to unload it.
- If the customer uses the lift gate on the truck, the motor freight company will charge up $125 depending on the freight company, for which you will be responsible.
- If there is any noticeable damage to products, please note this on the bill of lading that the driver will have the customer sign.
- If the shipping address is a residential address, the semi will need to be able to get into your neighborhood with room to turn around. If not, we can make arrangements for the terminal to hold the order for you to pick up
SHIPPING AND RETURNS
Free shipping on all our shade cloth. We want to be as transparent with our prices as possible so we don't want to surprise you with high shipping costs at checkout.
Expedited Shipping is not available for shade cloth. Because each order is custom cut we can not accept returns once the item has shipped.