Free Shipping Anywhere in Continental US
GREENHOUSE SHADE CLOTH
Our greenhouse shade cloth is UV stabilized, rot and mildew resistant and has an 8 year warranty with 16 year life expectancy. Shade cloth is an important component to your greenhouse to keep your plants safe during the intense summer heat.
- Black polyethylene, monofilament knitted fabric
8 Year Warranty & 16 Year Life Expectancy
- 30% Shade
- 70% Light Transmittance
- U.V. Treated
- Mold & Mildew Resistant
BENEFITS OF USING SHADE CLOTH
The use of shade cloth in the greenhouse or out in the field can help to create a microclimate more ideally suited for plants to thrive. In the greenhouse, shade cloth can reduce ambient temperature by 10 degrees or more.
Shade cloth will help to reduce soil temperatures so that you can continue growing greens & lettuce when normally it would be too warm.
Many plants benefit greatly from indirect light. The use of shade cloth will reduce plant damage created by too much direct sunlight.
Reduced Water Consumption/Energy Use
Lower ambient & soil temps means less water required to irrigate plants as well as less energy used to cool the greenhouse.
Excessive heat leads to plants that are stressed and more prone to attacks by pests. Heat reduction by the use of shade cloth, therefore creates healthier plants that are less likely to face insect pressure.
Increased Product Quality & Better Yields
Shade cloth protects plants from damage such sun scald caused by direct sunlight. Additionally, plants will experience increased bloom & fruit set when temperatures are moderated.
Plants the benefit from shade cloth
30% shade cloth is a great choice for vegetables such as tomatoes and peppers in areas with hot summers. It is also useful for eggplants and melons to prevent sunscald during periods of intense radiation. Additionally, you can use shade cloth to keep cool weather crops such as lettuce and greens from getting bitter and bolting.
SHIPPING VIA MOTOR FREIGHT (SEMI)
Rolls over 120 lbs must ship via motor freight. We will notify you if your order requires this shipping method.
A few things to be aware of on orders shipping motor freight (semi):
- Someone must be available at the shipping location to receive the order and must be able to unload it.
- If the customer uses the lift gate on the truck, the motor freight company will charge up $125 depending on the freight company, for which you will be responsible.
- If there is any noticeable damage to products, please note this on the bill of lading that the driver will have the customer sign.
- If the shipping address is a residential address, the semi will need to be able to get into your neighborhood with room to turn around. If not, we can make arrangements for the terminal to hold the order for you to pick up
SHIPPING AND RETURNS
Free shipping on all our shade cloth. We want to be as transparent with our prices as possible so we don't want to surprise you with high shipping costs at checkout.
Expedited Shipping is not available for shade cloth. Because each order is custom cut we can not accept returns once the item has shipped.