Free Shipping Anywhere in Continental US
GREENHOUSE SHADE CLOTH
Our greenhouse shade cloth is UV stabilized, rot and mildew resistant and has an 8 year warranty with 16 year life expectancy. Shade cloth is an important component to your greenhouse to keep your plants safe during the intense summer heat.
- Black polyethylene, monofilament knitted fabric
- 8 Year Warranty & 16 Year Life Expectancy
- 50% Shade
- 50% Light Transmittance
- U.V. Treated
- Mold & Mildew Resistant
BENEFITS OF USING SHADE CLOTH
Through the reduction of greenhouse heat, shade cloth can help create microclimates during the hot summer months, resulting in a reduction of ambient heat by more than 10 degrees.
Normally, during the heat of the summer, some crops such as lettuce don’t fare well, but shade cloth can help reduce temperatures and extend the growing season well into the summer months.
The damages caused by too much direct sunlight on plants can be mitigated through the use of shade cloth.
REDUCED WATER CONSUMPTION/ENERGY USE
A reduction in temperatures results in a need to irrigate less frequently. In addition, with the use of shade cloth, less energy spent cooling greenhouses in other ways.
When some plants get too hot, they can become stressed and unhealthy, allowing for insects to do damage. The use of shade cloth allows plants that may have been susceptible to heat stress to grow healthy and strong, enabling the plant to ward off much of the insect pressure and subsequent pesticide use.
INCREASED PRODUCT QUALITY & BETTER YIELDS
When pants are strong, healthy, and are grown in optimal conditions, they produce better yields. Increases in blossom and fruit set are apparent when temperatures are moderated, making shade cloth an indispensable part of any grower’s tool kit.
PLANTS THAT BENEFIT FROM SHADE CLOTH
50% shade cloth is can be used to aid with growing a variety of flowers during the summer (orchids, camellias, azaleas, and african violets), and is also a perfect aid for peppers, lettuce, nursery stock and potted plants. Shade-loving plants can thrive during the summer months under this shade cloth. Some lettuces, spinach and other greens can be extended well into the summer using 50% shade cloth.
SHIPPING VIA MOTOR FREIGHT (SEMI)
Rolls over 120 lbs must ship via motor freight. We will notify you if your order requires this shipping method.
A few things to be aware of on orders shipping motor freight (semi):
- Someone must be available at the shipping location to receive the order and must be able to unload it.
- If the customer uses the lift gate on the truck, the motor freight company will charge up $125 depending on the freight company, for which you will be responsible.
- If there is any noticeable damage to products, please note this on the bill of lading that the driver will have the customer sign.
- If the shipping address is a residential address, the semi will need to be able to get into your neighborhood with room to turn around. If not, we can make arrangements for the terminal to hold the order for you to pick up
SHIPPING AND RETURNS
Free shipping on all our shade cloth. We want to be as transparent with our prices as possible so we don't want to surprise you with high shipping costs at checkout.
Expedited Shipping is not available for shade cloth. Because each order is custom cut we can not accept returns once the item has shipped.